Tuesday, January 5, 2010

Today's Run

I decided to start this blog to keep track of my running schedule. Yes I could be doing the same on paper, but doing it online helps motivate me.

Today I "ran" five miles. The parentheses are due to the fact that I didn't run the entire distance. I walked some of it. Still it took me 56 minutes. That's just over 11 minute miles. For me, that's pretty speedy.

The temp today was around 35˚F with a slight wind and occasional drizzle. I was happy to see that the inexpensive running suit I recently purchased had water beaded on the surface. I hope it will help me stay dry during my outdoor runs.

I've noticed that I've gained about 5 pounds during the holidays/vacation. I'm planning to lose that amount plus a bit more in the months to come.

The run felt good today, although I was really tired afterwards.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for reading. Friendly or helpful comments are appreciated.