Friday, January 8, 2010

Interval Run

Felt pretty good about today's run even though at 1.7 miles it was short.  Got up early - 4:30AM - and hit the rec center when it opened at 5AM.  I intended to do speed intervals.  This was the first time I'd tried it manually on the treadmill.  Well, it didn't work.  I did hill intervals instead.  I settled for that.  It's not as if I don't need to run some hills since my daughter and I intend to run Robie Creek again this year. 

The intervals pushed me up to 3.5 hills.  Nice.  I hadn't been beyond 2 on the incline before.  I ran it rather slow at 5.5.  Pushed up to 6 speed for the last bit to use up my energy.  Finished in 20 minutes.

Anyone else have this problem - worrying about passing gas (farting, cutting the cheese, whatever you want to call it) - while working out in a rec center?  I was really hoping the bodybuilder had earbuds in.  (He did.)  While the treadmill is moving and I'm listening to my ipod I know I'm doing you know what, but I can't tell how loud it is.  I mean, it's not as if I'm trying to do you know what, but sometimes, when you're running, it just happens.

Well, this morning felt good.  Time for work.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for reading. Friendly or helpful comments are appreciated.