Tuesday, September 28, 2010

Lake Tahoe Marathon

Well we actually made it to the end of the marathon.  It certainly wasn't easy.  Not that I expected it to be, but I didn't expect to feel nauseous, like I was about to vomit or pass out, or both.

Vanessa and I ran up to about the 8 mile mark and were still feeling good at mile 13.  It was around mile 15 that the nausea set in for me.  I put it off by sitting down and putting my head between my knees and by drinking more at the aid stations.  It lasted until around mile 21.  Then the marathon distance difficulty set in and we managed to plod on to the end.  I thought I was going to start crying with relief once we crossed that finish line.  I knew I could have given up but I really wanted to finish.

I suspect the ill feeling was probably due to dehydration and perhaps to the altitude of running at Lake Tahoe.  Whichever, I'm glad it's over.

Here we are post race with some much deserved champagne.


No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for reading. Friendly or helpful comments are appreciated.